Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Weather troubles voters in Ohio

My friend Rich reports that he is sitting in traffic that is moving at a snails pace because of a driving storm of snow and sleet that has blanketed most of Ohio today. He is in the process of traveling from Cleveland to his home in Cincinnatti. He thinks it will take him upwards of three hours.

I told him that Hillary is counting on his vote today. I hope the weather is better in Texas than it is now in Ohio.

Bad weather is just one of the reasons why I now choose to vote by absentee ballot. I have done so for years. Prior to signing up for it, during the last presidential election, I remember being sick as a dog with the flu lying on the couch and not being able to make it to my poling place. It was the same year that Bush ran against Gore and experienced the recount in Florida and we all learned new vocabulary words- "hanging chad". Never again. I want my vote to be counted. It's something I feel is important because I'm an American and American have the right to vote.

No comments: