It's a figure of speech. This had nothing to do with water damage at all.
Although it was pushed back until later in the day due to a later flight from Dallas, the interview went really well. It was like I was talking to an old friend from the industry and not someone who rolls their eyes at you because they are going into a coma while you talk about the intricacies of the secondary mortgage market and how you had to apply your knowledge in data for documents to correct a situation. Nice.
After I contacted the recruiter, he also said the same thing "great interview" and asked if I had made a commitment to this position. I had previously said I had an interview for a bookkeeping/client services job in Irvine, so I wanted the opportunity to see what that was about. I decided it was probably bad timing for me to change jobs throwing away 14 years worth of experience and I said that I have made a decision about the consulting job and that I accepted the terms. After I did that, I felt like this flood of paperwork came over me. Nothing was damaged except maybe my tolerance for HR documentation. I even had to run out and get an I-9 filed and shipped as well as replenish my black ink supply for my printer because I ran out preparing so may forms and faxes all in one day.
I have to wait for my new manager to FedEx my drug test forms to me later in the week.
Now I also have to acquire a laptop computer for the job. Hrmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment