Drama Boy says he's got to cash his check and then find some food because he hasn't ate anything all day. I sympathize. We rush back to Orange County to deal with his check and the bank in is a grocery store next to Sam Woo Restaurant. He said it smelled good when we were walking in and then I told him my prior experience about a lunchtime meal when a friend from work and I went there (me for the very first time) and I found a full on roasted pig head-to-tail staring me down in the glass viewing case under heat laps when you first walk into the place. For Americans, this is a shock. And this shock makes you not want to eat there. We are accustomed to preparing our meat until it's indistinguishable from which animal it came from without having to review the attached butchers label and variety meats are not high on our list for consumption at all.
So we walk in and he takes a look around and decides it smells good, but walking in a cafateria line for dinner is not his style. O.K., I quickly default to my local fave, China Palace.
I've lived in Tustin since 1994, so I've been to this place tons of times. I like it - it's consistant, reliable chinese dishes and the service is quick. Geminis were born to complain, so I had to sit through dinnertime listening to Drama Boy gripe about getting one small cup of steamed rice instead of a large soup bowl portion and the fact that when he lived in HB, there was a chinese food place there he adored and they had better food and delivery service, too. Dude, if you wanted to eat there, you should have said something to me. You never said anything where you wanted to go until you stepped into the door. Eww!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment