Immediately after dinner at China Palace, we hop into my car and jet over to PetCo a few blocks away. Drama Boy is in need of a new doggie door for his rat dog and he had put me in charge of the printout of the one he likes that he found on the PetCo website. I just hoped they had the same styles in-store. You know how flaky stores can be with that sometimes. Target is notorious about web only items, but they are clearly marked.
O.K., so we walk in and I head for the dog area because 1) I can read and 2) I know the store while he's accosting the help to enlist them on his quest for doggie doors. We both locate the display at the endcap at about the same time. They have two materials to choose from and three sizes so that's a one in six choice, right? He can't decide whether his rat dog would prefer the medium door over the small door. I think from a home security standpoint, I'd get the small one to inhibit illegal entry by utilizing said door to reach inside and unlock the backdoor. Now he wants to open the box to see what's inside. I'm rolling my eyes at this point but trying to hold my composure because I feel if I stay neutral, maybe this fiasco will end quicker. The sight is stressing me out and full of chinese food I now have to go to the bathroom bad. The clerk tells me its located past the bird section, to the right through double doors.
I conduct my business in the bathroom and walk to the checkout stands thinking he'd be done and paying for his items, but no! I walk further, again, over to the display area and now he's got three people helping him, he's talking about playing in bands in LA, doing is PR thing, and has got two boxes open. He's also located the display samples and fondling them as well. I'm amused and slowly becoming mentally exhausted watching him get the store help into a tizzy and generally making a spectacle of himself. O.K., decision made, his first choice - yes, and how he's onto to toys, treats, snacks, and weird lamb meat packaged in a sausage tube. After checking out, he makes a sexist comment about the sausage shaped lamb dog food and I tell him it's not funny.
Back at his pad, he later pulls out of his pocket a phone number of one of the girls that was helping him at PetCo saying her husband plays bass, yadda. yadda, etc. Can't take him anywhere and I probably can't shop at my local PetCo anymore know the girls will want to talk about his shit again. Gees.

No comments:
Post a Comment