Lately, or I should say in about the last 3-5 years, there has been a trend in my dating habits towards artistic, creative men, but mainly musicians. This is purposeful. During my 20's when most people would be living it up at college, I was a stay at home mom with one son. It was important to me to spend as much time with my son as I was able when he was little because I feel moms who do this set their children up to be a better people down the road. Stability and consistancy in a child's life is paramount to me. Since I felt I had little of it when I was a kid, I did not want that for my son.
So now my son is 20 and I'm try to get back into the things that I kind of feel I missed out on because I was busy playing mom. One of those things was music. I fancied myself to be artistic and musically inclined ever since my mom told me I was named after Judy Garland and I figured out I can sing. That woman had pipes and I can belt it out similarly. My tiny being can fill a room with voice as if I were on a Broadway stage. It's frightening to me to think about it.
I was always the art student through school taking higher classes that most and these had to be approved by the teacher because I had always excelled in this area. I struggled in Algebra 2, but in Home Handcrafts and Intermediate Art 3-4.
So artists flock to and travel among other artists and my tally I believe up to this point in time is one drummer, one pop god, one rock god, and I also befriended a girl bass player because she's just so dang nice and we have other things in common to talk about in life. Sometimes, I play merch girl and hock their CD's and buttons at the shows I attend.
I have also befriended 5 graphic artists within this same stretch of time. I don't know if its supposed to mean anything at all, but it makes me happy to see people be happy being creative and performing. Yeah ;*)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment