Monday, March 3, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I have my WIA Orientation meeting. I hope that this thing works out for me because it's almost been 4 whole months since I've been laid off and I'm getting kinda antsy about it. I want to stay here for now and live my life and not suffer for my career choice.

I'm pretty confident that the mortgage industry is at it's lowest now in terms of employment numbers in a long damn time with all the lay-offs and company closures. My one girlfriend who used to work with me at ResMAE but quit due to some personality conflicts with a new boss, is now temping at Option One Mortgage. That company has been on the verge of sale for so long, its ridiculous. She said for me to go and apply there, but it's like trading a Ford Comet for a Pinto to me. I don't know about that even though she's been there for over a year.

If given the opportunity, I'd like to be retrained in a stable career. I'm thinking bookkeeping because I've been a teller before so I don't think it's that far of a stretch for me to attain. I always see accounting and bookkeeping jobs in the newspaper, too. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

No comments: