Saturday, March 22, 2008

Alan Greenspan is my rock star.

I went to a two hour workshop at the Irvine OneStop about Career Personality Types.
The workshop was hard to get into as I was on a stand-by list but on Good Friday, hardly anyone showed up. I was in like Flynn.

Every single time I take this test, no matter how fast or slow or in the day or in the middle of the night Jung Typology Test tells me I'm an "INTJ".

Other famous people with my type are: Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, and Hillary Clinton. That's right, Ms. Hillary "Vote for me on election day" Clinton.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of 'Rational Masterminds'.

This is a laugh riot to me because one of my 'away' messages on Yahoo IM is "Busy taking over the world".

But what's most important to me about this test is that I thought I had less of a life because I did not pursue the career I wanted. It so happens that I attained one which complements my "INTJ" personality type in Finance after all.

I know I'm good and what I do because I can make people roll their eyes into the back of their head at me and fall asleep in mid conversation if I really get going. I can speak at length at the details of a financial transaction when most uninterested parties would eventually change the subject. But people in Finance relish the details. I was affirmed of this when I had my last interview which lasted almost 2 hours. The lady I interviewed with is now my new boss :*D

So now Ben Bernanke is the now head of the Fed and we are waiting for significant change to take hold and bring the U.S. out of its funk with his action to lower the bank's overnights borrowing rate. Orange County is definitely in a recession and I feel it won't begin to get better until next year and the new Madame President is inaugurated.

I'm just happy I'm back to work shortly.

No comments: