Thursday, March 6th, will be four months since I lost my job due to a company closure. As my local One-Stop counselor labeled me a "dislocated mortgage worker", and I think that I need some help is getting on with my life and finding a new career because the mortgage industry has pretty much dried up here in Orange County. I've got an appointment with WIA on Tuesday to see what that's all about. They offer re-training for people like me with no college degree who cannot find work in their normal industry due to lay-off ... etc ... etc ..., but I do not know the details of the program. I hope I can qualify for it.
Yes, I think I would like to take advantage of the program if I qualify because I have had 5 interviews within the 61 applications/resumes that I have filed with companies in both Orange and Los Angeles county for these past almost 4 months now. I'm afraid of running out of unemployment insurance funds and still not having a job and then running through my savings and losing my home in the end. I do not want that. I do not want to become part of the foreclosure statistics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment