Saturday, March 15, 2008

Am I sick or am I sick?

If you have a sore throat, are you sick? Probably not - it's just sore. But with congestion, sneezing and a productive cough, yes, in my book that is definialtely sick. Drama Boy could not decide if he was really sick enough or not in order to attend a friends birthday party. Why am I here and he's sick? He always does this to me and I think unconsciously, he wants me to take care of him when he's feeling down. I think the last time I saw him, he had the flu. If he stopped dipping, a disgusting habit he picked up in college playing baseball, maybe he wouldn't be so sick all the damn time. You see, he slept with the window open all night which normally would not be a problem if it was the middle of the summer, but lately it's been foggy and cold in the morning. The cold, moist air crepted into his room while the window was open and went right to his throat. I know for a fact I cannot sleep with an open window at my place because the same thing happens to me when I do.

Before I left on Saturday morning, I made a store run to buy Sudafed, Cold-eze and orange juice for me sick friend. The local Girl Scouts were selling cookies, too, so I bought a box of Thin Mints. I hope I got out of there before I caught anything.

No comments: