Genealogy is a trippy thing. A friend of mine once told me I'm some kind of fricken United States royalty. Just like King Henry VIII in that Showtime series "The Tudors" I'm so engrossed in, I wish sometimes I was just so I could relieve this world of certain select individuals such as rapists, molesters, murders and the like. Only just beheadings would occur in my kingdom, but I digress. Many of my relatives came from England.
Lots of people I meet seem like shadows of the people they were, could be or should have been, including myself. I feel hiding away allows me to avoid their disappointment I feel when trying to relate on some kind of personal level. But I'm no better or worse than anyone. I'm just a collection of life's experiences, whatever they may be.
Yesterday, I found out I'm related to the father of our country... the first U.S. president General George Washington himself. Ironic that my son has had this intense craving for cherries from a young age, ehy? LOL
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment