Part 1
The deer in the headlights look:
I don't understand that deer in the headlights look that I see many people get for no apparent reason. Some people just get it because it's how they are. Some people get it as a reaction before inserting their foot deep into their mouth. I'm sure others obtain it as a part of the "shock & awe" they feel getting caught doing something they probably aren't supposed to be doing. But the one's that give you that kind of look all the time? Those people are kind of unsettling to me. I wonder what is going on in their head sometimes.
Part 2
My left eyelid keeps twitching:
I'm sure that the level of stress I'm dealing with being a manager on this contract job is the primary cause of my left eyelid twitching like it does. It's not a hard job my any means, but I've come to find out over the years, I really don't like management or supervisory jobs all that much. I'm glad to work with the people I do because they all know their jobs well, get along, and at the end of the day, we all want to do a good job and go home on time. That's really all I can ask for and I'm glad for that. I think I need to take more breaks and leave the office for lunch to stave off the funky eyelid thing.
Part 3
When there is something else going on:
I met one of my co-workers son's today at lunchtime. He previously told me that his son has autism, so I had a certain expectation of what was in store if I ever met him in person. Beautiful boy, but his mind was clearly concentrating on something else... in this case, it was the noise the contractors were making in order to continue the installation of the shelving in the expansion area. His eyes trailed off immediately to the noise and we couldn't bring him back to the conversation that was going on in front of him. Kids are resilient and I hope to hear one day of more of his little successes in life.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment