I knew the economy was bad here in Orange County. I knew it because there were so many jobs tied to the housing industry that disappeared in the last two years, there are still people not in their traditional and perferred choice of jobs. Now, today, i was confirmed because I read the same thing in the OC Register. I think they said it hasn't been this bad since 1991. I happened to move here in October 1992 when I thought I was sick of living in San Bernardino County and had no more opportunities there.
I mean, the last time I worked in Orange County, it was October 2007. I just got a contract job in March and I have been looking, but have got no job prospects lined up after this contracts ends this fall and that fact really bothers me. I've always been pretty good at living within my means and socking away money for a rainy day, but I never really planned to use it because I couldn't find work. I simply called it "savings" and had no real plan for it other than to pay down bills. I did that with all my credit cards, by the way. I have zero balances on my credit cards except for the gas card. I'm going to put that one away and begin to use my world points card and just pay that off monthly instead. If I have to pay for all the gas to get to and from Simi Valley each day, I might as well get something more out of it.
So I've been thinking of relocating, mildly. I also have been thinking about going to school to get a bookkeeping certificate to help me get my foot in the door to a new career. I also have been thinking about taking a vacation. If I'm going to have to take time off, I might as well enjoy it, right?
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment