What am I doing up at such an ungodly hour? Oh yeah, I went to bed early and I only sleep six hours at a time. I think it was three something and I watched TV for about 30 minutes before I hit the shower and washed my hair. I already knew I had to get out the door early today because I needed to get gas before going to work this morning.
I got ready and went to get gas at my favorite Chevron using my worldpoints card now and not the Chevron charge card because, hey, if you're going to gouge me for the gas, I might as well get something more out of it than a two hour tour to Simi Valley each morning.
I got to work at a little before 7AM. I thought about going to Albertson's to pick up some lunches, but I was thinking if it's too hot anyway, all I'll really want to eat is a simple sandwich and I can get that at the cafeteria any way I want it, so why bother?
Soon after I arrive, the contractors are here again to work on the wiring for the new expanded vault space that will be mine come July 3rd, or so they say. I only received shelf gripping dividers which is a problem because the bottom shelf was built with a kick panel, so the divider can't be used there. They do make those L shaped ones with the magnets on one side, but I did not see that any of those were provided. What to do? Email Maria and see... I'm waiting now on Brander, who I was referred to. La la la.
I should be in better spirits now since I got to chat with my friend Rich in the AM, a rare treat, and I've consumed a bagel and coffee.
I received a message from a high school classmate who put together a webpage for our graduating year. It's nice and I emailed her to thank her for her efforts. I would never have been so bold as to stand up for the entire class of 1984. Good for her. It will be 25 years in 2009 and mentioning that fact makes me feel old, but I know for a fact I've aged better than many, many of my fellow classmates. The proof will be when I see them at the reunion.
It's supposed to be 100 degrees in Simi Valley today and for the rest of the week, I think. I'm glad we have off for the holiday on Friday and I don't think it will be that hot in Tustin at all. I'm planning a bbq for me and my son.
Menu
Hebrew National Kosher Hotdogs (the best!)
Potato chips
Fruit Salad
(recipe)
strawberry jello cubes
cool whip
can Dole fruit cocktail, drained
sliced strawberries
sliced bananas
god, what else... maybe corn on the cob, too. I'll have to go to the store in the next few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment