O.K., so I went to work this morning not feeling so hot. Last night, I fell asleep without setting the sleep timer on the TV, so at 12:30AM, Conan woke me up. Then I watched a wee bit of Carson Daily and realized that I might be coming down with something because every muscle in my body was achy. Or maybe it was my premenstrual syndrome getting the better of me when I really should have been sleeping.
I fell back asleep leaving the TV on and then woke up to the eyebrow guy and the weather report. It was 5AM. I decided I felt good enough to get ready and out the door on time, so I went to work. I was a big mope at work today. Good thing it was slow. I left at 5PM.
The drive home wasn't too bad I thought until I turned on KNX News 1070 AM and they have these traffic reports every five minutes, bless you, because right before I got to the east LA interchange, they told me of a big rig accident at Carmenita along the 5S, where I drive. So I made plans for an alternate route.
So I drove tonight my route was:
118E
5S
710S
91E (and because by that time I was past the accident)
5S again
...and home.
I thought maybe I could go get a Famous Star burger and fries at Carl's Jr because it's right next to my freeway exit, but I had 1/8th of a tank left from my commute to home and needed to gas up for tomorrow.
Over at my favorite Chevron a block away, gas prices were $4.65 a gallon and after I was finished filling up my tank, the total was over $55. Never before have I had to pay that much for a tank of gas. Makes me sick. I'm glad this job is over in October so I won't have to pay for so much gas a line the pockets of the oil companies.
As I drove back to my home, I saw my son walking from who knows where. I thought I could pick him up, but he probably appreciated that I did not. I parked and walked into my home and I don't know exactly what it was but there was this smell that hit me after I got into the front door and whatever it was, it had to be eradicated. I opened the back patio door to air it out. I figured it had to be something in the kitchen, possibly the trash, so that was taken out. Then I packed up the dishwasher with the dirty dishes that were left in the sink - I do not know why - and started a load. Note to self: buy more dish washing detergent. I checked the cat litter box, but I didn't smell anything. Amazing. After starting my dinner of rice and grilled chicken breast, I ran through the house and found all the dirty towels and wash clothes and put them in their place.
I have got to get rid of this clutter... this weekend. Clutter traps smells and I can't live in a smelly house.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment