Friday, June 20, 2008

Too darn hot

Today is day #2 of a four day hot streak that is closing out the spring season this year. As I have been working in Simi Valley since the end of March, this is the first real heat I've felt since last summer.

Yesterday after driving to work, I happened to glance at my temperature gauge before turning off the car and at 8:00 AM it read - if you can believe this - 91 degrees. When I got out of work, it was 106.

Today is supposed to be hotter than that.

Needless to say, I have not left the building for lunch for like the last three days because I did not want to return to work wringing in sweat just to go to lunch, so I've been eating in the cafeteria. It's fresh and it's actually cheaper than going out to eat, so why not?

I can get a nice sized yogurt and fruit parfait topped with granola in the morning for $1.75 and lunch usually costs no more than $6 for an entree dish with a vegetable or salad side. They always have a 'you call it' sandwich bar available, too. The salad bar is not something they have got down yet. It's just plain weird most of the time.

No comments: