When Friday, August 29th
Where: Dinner at Yen Ching in Orange
What: Chinese Food! Yipee!
Fridays. You know I love them. They lead to the weekend and that is all about me and my time. What I don't love is the Friday night traffic between Simi Valley and home. Lucky for me, the office closed early in anticipation of the three day weekend, so I got out at about 3:40PM. Robert wanted to have me over for dinner Friday night. O.K., but recognize I went straight from work to his house and:
1) I was in work clothes
2) I might not have been in the best of moods because of the length of time it took me sitting in a car in traffic to travel back into Orange County
3) I'd rather go home and freshen up, change the frock, dump the electronics and then go to dinner.
...but I decide to run with it anyway. He didn't care that I only have work clothes with me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing at this point, but I do think he wanted me to at least come over soon, so that was cool. That will teach me to pack a bag with a change of clothes for both situations - work and play for Friday's.
I landed in Orange to find no parking and was told to park in front of his garage. O.K., and then I had to haul my heavy ass electronics briefcase upstairs with me because like hell if I was going to leave it in my car at night. That is just an invitation for trouble. He greets me with an sour apple martini at the door? Sweet. Now I'm thinking he wants to get me drunk, but no - he uses alcohol to relax as most men do. I get to sit just long enough to drink my martini when he like said to me, "I'm hungry - let's go".
The place was right around the corner... so close, we totally did not have to drive there. We were looking at almost the same things on the menu - shrimp in lobster sauce and then I got shredded pork with vegetables. He wanted hot and sour and I wanted egg drop so we got that. To drink, he ordered wine and I didn't want to mix it up with my martini and get sick later, so I ordered a water with lemon. Later, the waitress brought by a vegetable rolled thing with plum sauce. I thought it tasted like chocolate hazelnut and very sweet. Robert tried a bite of mine just to see what the hell it was because he doesn't like sweets. It was O.K., but just different and not what I ordered.
So the waitress was being very personable and after she delivered the wine asked us if we were married or a couple. And we both turned to each other and gave this look and smiled. Awh. No, it's actually date #2 Robert said. And she said we'd make a cute couple. By now I'm think he slipped her a $20 in the back when he went to the bathroom or was working real hard for a good tip. HAHA, so I sip on my water and Robert ends up finishing the bottle of wine - oops... must of been a bad week at work and he's toast. I didn't drink at dinner and I told him I would drive him in his truck home. I have drove a big truck before because I inherited my dad's Dodge Ram and so his 750 horsepower Ford no problem. And it's got stepsides for me!
The waitress was so nice - the bill was $75!! Dang, I haven't been to a meal that pricey since sushi. And we walk out with two heaping bags of food to take home because you know I eat like a bird (one plate of chinese food with one cup of rice).
I'd get take out next time to see if it's any cheaper getting food there that way.
We ended up both falling asleep on the couch watching T.V. happy and full of chinese food...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment