The Day: Friday night, August 22nd
The Place: PJ Abbey's in the city of Orange at 8PM
I did not even think I was going to be on time because I had to commute from Simi Valley to Tustin to get home and get ready for my date with Robert. I left the office early and literally drove for a solid 3 hours straight in typically super busy Friday night traffic. It was 7PM when I pulled into my driveway. I showered, drew my face on, and picked out an outfit.
Finding the place was easy once I got the address and looked at the map. It's located one block south-east of the Orange Circle. I was actually on time and Robert was the one who called to say he was running late! haha Usually works the other way around for me. I'm constantally late on my time.
Dinner was seared ahi tuna steak, basmati rice and seasonal mixed vegetables. I drank one peartini that was so large and strong, I was definiately feeling it even after the meal. I tried sipping on water, but only time would allow me to get into my car and drive myself home after drinking that monster martini.
He talks a lot but it's cool because it's authoritative without putting on airs and it's not fluff either. And I can tell he's not talking because he likes to hear the sound of his own voice. It's a good thing I'm a good listener. He recognized I don't look my age and I think he likes that fact.
At about 9:40, we walked over to the District Lounge where my friend Kenny Howes was playing. I said 'Hi', and noted that The Glimmer Stars were there as well as a few other orange county based pop bands. Kenny had a good set and I let the bassist know on Saturday with a comment on his Myspace page. I might even say "Bad Ass".
At about 10:30, after drink #2: a gin and tonic for Robert and a crap ass ginger ale (don't even bother trying to order one there, they don't carry it), Robert needed to get some rest so he called it a night. I imaging he was awake for almost 20 hours or so at that point.
He walked me to my car, said parting words, gave me a hug, asked me on another date mid-embrace, gave me a quick kiss on the lips when I said 'yes' and called me gorgeous. AWHHH. That made me smile.
It was a good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment