Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reagan? Why??


I'm at work monitoring the electrical contractor and asked a question about the location of an exit sign he's installing. I recognize the fact that the space surely needs an exit sign, but I'm unfamiliar with the idea of placing it on the outside of a steel filing system.

He gives examples of other work in the building. Then, out of the blue, he tells me about how he does done a lot of work at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley and how they have lots of orange trees planted on the property. Nancy Reagan, every time she would go on trips flying in Air Force One, she would take an orange and roll it down the isle of the plane.

What this has to do with exit signs in my file room is beyond me. Why do people feel the need to talk to me like this?

No comments: