As I walk down the hall in the morning on the way to my office, I pass by a bulletin board that is maintained by Countrywide folks. Generally it's a rahrah about what is going on and who achieved what, but lately and especially after the B of A buyout, the tone seems to have changed.
Now what I've seen on the board is this company sanctioned slogan "be an agent of change". I've gotta tell ya, I don't like it. It's vague and I don't think just changing is good enough. I think you need more than just a change because just a change can go either way - good or bad. Change for changes sake is just a change and doesn't have to be positive or negative, it's just change.
I think the slogan needs to strive for something more than just a change, something other than just a difference. I think the slogan should be something like, "be an agent of effectivness" and not just plain vanilla change. I can change my socks and that's just a change but if I'm an agent of effectivness, well that speaks more to me than wearing clean socks. That tells me something else is going on which has had a positive effect. Somehow I like the sound of that a whole lot better.
We, as humans, should not just grow and change but strive to be better, more effective people in our lives.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment