Wednesday, August 27, 2008

6 Things Not To Do

In life, there are consequence for you actions.

On Match.com, I have posted my profile, subscribed for three months and now I also get these 'matches by mail' so a few times a week maybe, I get an email with a list of men with photos who supposedly, in match.com's view, match me.

Sometimes, I have to laugh because:

1) They keep sending me men who want kids and I'm done with that phase of my life. My son is 21 and at age 42, I don't see myself being a mother again at this stage in my life. I don't mind if they have teenagers to college age offspring like me, but a new baby? No, not for me. Takes up too much time, money and energy to raise a child well and I should know being a single parent.

2) Men who post a photo in a hat and sunglasses will not get my attention. That says to me you were having fun in the sun with someone you probably dated who cared enough about you at the time to snap a photo of you, and then she shared said photo with you which reminds you of the good times you had with her, but now she is gone from your life as well as conveniently 'cropped out of the picture' and you are now looking a good time with me? Err, auhh, no.

Not to mention that I want to see a full facial expression in a mug shot. I've got to be attracted to you in order to initiate communication and I do not get that opportunity when you're all covered up in a hat and sunglasses. Just stop that. Stick to the smiling mug shot, please.

3) Same thing goes for men who post vacation photos as a part of their profile. Keep those for your own personal photo albums and don't bother to post them onto your profile fellas, and here's why. A trip you took in the past with another woman is no guarantee you will ever go there again nor does it represent having any sort of fun there with me in the future. It's your history with her and you can keep that to yourself.

4) I don't look my age, so it's one of the reasons I don't date men who are more than a few years older than me. If match.com could actually match me to a guy who was -5 to +2 my age and we had something, anything in common, and I was attracted to him as well, that would be nice. So no more 50+ year olds because I'm nobodies 'hot young thang' anymore and I don't care if they are +80 percent my match. Ain't gonna happen!

As well as the fact that I find hard to connect to a man who is telling me about their grand kids, AHH! (That actually happened on eharmony.com, so I don't use that service anymore. OMG, What were they thinking?!?)

5) Don't bother to post a brief general description of what "an active, women who enjoys the outdoors" you want without the specifics of who you want known on your section choices. This says "bootie call" all over it. Don't waste my time - I'm trying to meet my match here! Go to adultfriendfinder.com or the 'misc romance' section of craigslist.org if you want to get your freak on quick and nasty. I'm looking for something a little deeper, thank you.

6) When I see a profile that says 'separated', it really makes me wonder if you're lying to me and what truly is going on in your life right now. Don't lie about your marital status. If you're unhappy in your relationship with your wife/girlfriend, don't take your pent-up sexual frustrations out on an unsuspecting female on a dating site, for God's sake. Karma is a bitch and your ill will upon women will come back around to wreak havoc in your life and then you'll be sitting there sad and lonely wondering why no one wants to date your silly ass. No one loves a lier. It gets old real quick, not to mention trust or the lack thereof is the #1 relationship killer, right above communication, so just don' do it.

No comments: