Wednesday, September 3, 2008

If I had a hammer...

Yesterday, I took an extra day off of work to extend my labor day weekend to a grand total of four days. Work has been slow and I have a back-up, so why not take an extra day off? I also had a quick lunch with the guy I've been dating as well as had the privilege of getting to tour a commercial building under construction that he's working on. I've always been able to understand the interpersonal issues as well as the administrative ones he's been dealing with on this project because a large part of my career is dealing with those same things, but now I also have a better perspective of the extraordinary engineering challenges, limitations, and schedule he has faced and is facing each day when he goes to work.

One of my bosses at the last company I worked for used to have this Daffy Duck statue on his desk with the saying, "Bigger, Better, Faster, Cheaper". When you have a product that serves the public, that simple saying is almost always the way to a company's success.

No comments: