Friday, September 12, 2008

My Imminent Happiness

There are few things in life that even come close to bringing in a new life into the world. The only other event that rivals the prior is marriage. My imminent happiness is pending. I can feel it in my bones. It's only a matter of time.

I went out with Robert again on Tuesday night for sushi and we had a great time. And again, the proprietors said we were a cute couple. We stopped, turned towards each other, locked eyes and smiled.

Just recently, I've recognized that unconsciously the friends that I've been collecting over maybe the past 10 years are the ones that will play a role in my wedding. Some have been men... the wrong men to teach me that I don't have to tolerate their bad behavior in a relationship. Some have been service providers, like my hair dresser. He said he won't do wedding hair, but I bet if I waved $2k in front of him and a free trip, he'd pack up his case of equipment for me because I asked. A few have been girlfriends that have listened in horror to the emotional toll I allowed to be placed upon my shoulders while a mistress for almost five years. Those women who listened and didn't judge are worth gold to me. Those are true friends. My uncle, who is the second smartest person I know, next to my dad, who passed away in 2005. I think he needs to walk me down the aisle. I look at every long white dress I see now differently.

I'm trying to keep things going slowly, but the pace is moving as fast as it wants to go.

No comments: