I went to run some errands on Sunday morning before going to a BBQ I was invited to that a former co-worker was throwing. I wanted to wash my car, pick up my prescription at the pharmacy, find some nice pink polish for my nails at Sally Beauty Supply because this season frosted pink is not cutting it for me and go grocery shopping.
Instead of making my usual right hand turn onto Walnut, I went up one block and turned right onto Newport before turning left onto Walnut (because it's not a square block but a triangle). In doing so, this made my trip a little longer, but I had not gone that way for awhile, so why not? I saw that Grandma's Donuts had changed names, but was still in business. I also realized that now there is three India grocery stores within two blocks of each other. Must be hell on the competition.
So I'm traveling east on Walnut, concentrating on driving around a big moving truck which I swear was the same one that I saw on the 5 freeway coming home on Friday night. Th only reason I remembered it was because it had this name on the side, "Rock N Roll Movers". After maneuvering my car around the moving truck but avoiding cars traveling in the lane left to me, I look up at the intersection fast approaching at Walnut and Redhill and there is an accident at the corner I'm going to turn at. It appeared that someone ran the red light. One car was left mangled and disabled in the middle of the intersection while another was practically wrapped around a light signal pole on the other side of the street. I took a deep breathe thinking that if I went the way I normally drive during that day and that time, that accident might have been me.
I executed my right hand turn onto Redhill while shaking my head "no" at someone who pulled over and was block traffic stand in the middle of the road on his cell phone calling in the accident instead of seeing if everyone was alright first.
At the BBQ, the host whipped up strawberry margaritas. I had two strong ones...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment