Sunny Southern California experienced an earthquake at 10:42AM. 5.6 centered in Chino Hills.
I was in Simi Valley at the time at work and it felt like a rolling wave of energy. Because it was considered a natural disaster, it was my duty to make sure staff was O.K., secure the area, and then report to DC. Since the phones went out (both the landlines and the cell phones), I had to make my report via email. An hour later, all the staff was back from lunch and I did a facility assessment. We had 6 light tubes go out and a plastic cover on one of the lights popped off, but had no real damage.
But not so in Corona where my co-worker learned that at his mom's house, a chandelier positioned in the stairwell came crashing down from the ceiling. That had to be dramatic.
My manager called later to commiserate - I mean it's the least she can do from her road trip to DC.
My son slept through the entire thing. He didn't even stir to get then phone after I called twice. Nice.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment