Agitated gelatin jiggling on plate. You can picture exactly what that looks like in your minds eye if you've ever ate the stuff. I think that's kind of what happened to my brain inside my skull on the day I was hit from behind in my auto accident on the freeway. While I was talking to the Mercury Rep reporting my claim Wednesday night, I was speaking slower than I ever had before. Then, I noticed on the day after it happened, my speech was slurred and I couldn't find the words I wanted to say. I must of had a slight concussion. It was kind of disturbing to realize this, so for the rest of the day I tried to sit still and be quiet.
So I did not have to make the long drive on a Saturday morning to work overtime in order to shift loans into the new vault space this weekend, I decided to stay in Simi Valley overnight and got myself a hotel room at the aptly named Grand View Hotel. It's located on a hill and so it's true - it's got a grand view of the valley below. Most rooms also look out onto the pool area as well. It reminded me a lot of the tourist type of hotels you go to that are kinda old, kinda worn out and could use a good cleaning. One good thing though - it was fairly quiet, so I was able to catch up on some much needed rest.
I felt pretty good in the morning, took a hot shower, but discovered while getting dressed that my knee was still too sore to wear my jeans to work. Awh. Maybe next week.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment