Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Musings

I'm feeling kind of lethargic today. I did not want to get out of bed this morning and actually left the house late - 6:15AM. It allowed me to roll into the parking lot right at 8AM this morning. It's not like I have to punch a time clock like the people that work under me, but I'd like to be on time in order to put the fear of 'Judi' into them and hurl a stink eye over their way when they so happen to walk into work late. To be brutally honest with you, I don't care if they're late to work in the AM only because there is not much or possibly nothing to do before 11AM anyways if all of the filing was completed the night before. We read a lot and do random checks to make sure the loans are in order on the shelf before the newly prepared and delivered loans start to roll into our area.

I think the general malaise is because I did not get the B12 shot yesterday like I should have. I'll need to do that tonight and then I'll feel like gangbusters on Friday. Watch out world!

In the meantime, knowing that my contract is up at the end of September because I was notified yesterday in a telephone call from my recruiter, I re-worked my resume and posted it again onto Monster.com. I also have been scanning the want ads for jobs that I not only can do but what to do and are hopefully much, much closer to home.

The way people write their want ads sometimes is weird. I remember when I wanted to hire someone for a specific position I needed to fill at my last place of employment and for some reason unbenounced to me, someone in human resources got a hold of the job description I wrote and recreated it into this flowery piece of shit that made me feel like I would not be able to find a candidate that I could get along with. I'm thinking that maybe some of the time for the jobs that have great titles but odd descriptions, that what's happened to them. This general practice makes it harder to find something you'd really want to apply for. Why do people have to do that anyways?

I'm supposed to go to the movies with my girlfriend Patricia this weekend. The "Sex and The City" opens on Friday. We'll see if she bails on me again. She's kind of flaky that way sometimes beause she has one son who's much younger than mine, but since I know this of her in advance, I excuse her for her behavior. I txt msg her today, but have not heard anything back. Maybe I'll call her later this evening.

No comments: