This morning was the second time this week that I went and picked up something that resembled breakfast at McDonald's. The first time, it was the chicken & biscuit and then today I got a bacon, egg & cheese McGriddle. I was feeling guilty about consuming all those calories, so I looked up each sandwiches nutrient value on this chart to see what I was really consuming.
It seemed to me that eating a McGriddle would be significantly worse for you than the chicken & biscuit because it just tastes so much sweeter with it yummy syrup chunks baked into it, but that's just not the case. The McGriddle has 420 calories and the chicken & biscuit is 410 calories.
But most shocking of all was the amount of sodium in those dang things. Now I understand why I feel like I have to drink so much after eating fast food. Each have more than 1100 mg of sodium in them. I might as well have a salt lick for breakfast. Ewww.

No comments:
Post a Comment