Tuesday, May 20, 2008

O.K. so...

O.K., so it's the Tuesday before the Monday that is Memorial Day and I have no idea if I should just go nuts and drive somewhere and do something or just simply sleep my extra day away.

With all the driving that I normally do now, I almost don't want to do a damn thing. I mean, hopping in the car and going anywhere is the furthest thing from my mind after I get home. For example, I was supposed to go to PetCo last night and pick-up some Front Line for my two flea bitten fur bags AKA Girlie and A.C.- my two cats, but all I could think about was getting home and laying down last night. I was dealing with a bout of gas from something I ate at lunch and made my son locate the multi-symptom Rolaids while I was sprawled out on the sofa in distress. Later, after I felt better, I moved to the bed. I didn't think of PetCo again until this morning when Girlie was itching and scratching sitting on the foot of my bed.

My friend Walter suggested that maybe if (and many more conditional statements I'm forgetting at this moment, but you get the picture) that ship from the "Master & Commander" movie was still moored in San Diego harbor at their maritime museum or wherever it is, we could go see it. Sure, sounds nice, and I had mentioned to him that I had visited San Francisco's Maritime Museum at Hyde Street Pier a number of times over the years, but I really don't know if even I can tolerate this particular person for any extended amount of time without a planned escape route, let alone couped up in a car for the two hours plus that it would take to travel from Eagle Rock to San Diego harbor. Maybe I'll just take my mom instead. Or maybe not.

I could just stay home and BBQ and talk about my legendary "to do" list. Maybe I could paint that damn orange wall in my living room before Halloween comes rolling around again. That would be nice. I swear to you the color was called "Sunshine" on the paint chip and it was a nice happy yellowish orange and not the freakin pumpkin orange color that it turned out to be on my wall. I had to laugh and I still do, but now it just is bugging me more and more. I need to fix that.

Or I could fix the toilets again and the moulding in my son's bathroom. Pick a task, any task. I wonder how hard it is to install new toilets? But before I do that I want to put down a new tile floor because I hate the workmanship of the one that's in there now. Terrible. I think I want to put down a hexagon pattern on the floor, take out the tub, sink, and counter, and install a floor to ceiling cabinet and a pedestal sink, and then a jacuzzi tub in there. It's big enough. Oh, and the instant hot water heater so that we're not having to worry about using the 40 gallon one all the dang time.

Then I was thinking of just installing a whole house instant hot water heater instead of the small one for the bathrooms. That would be a nice selling point. On and on and on...

No comments: