Thursday, April 10, 2008

More, more more

So each day I've been on this new job, I have had to attend a conference call meeting to discuss operation issues we are having. The most pressing operational issue seems to be the lack of computer equipment by my colleagues. I don't know if it was the fear of God or what that allowed myself to obtain my own personal computer as well as one from my consulting firm, but come to find out that now the client would like to provide one as well. I had to laugh.

My desk will now have four computers on top of it. Mine, the owners, the consulting firms, and the client. And I have one DSL line, which is kind of a dilemma in and of itself. I was thinking of getting a router or an access point - something that would prevent me from having to switch the connection from computer to computer each time I need to do something, but I don't know. I bought an access point for my home network so that I could use my laptop wirelessly, but I don't think I want to do that kind of set-up at work. I feel though it's kind of a vote of confidence if the client wants to install their own laptops because I get the feeling I'm going to be at this location for awhile.

I'm just trying to picture in my head how to set this up and what to do about the lack of real estate on top of my desk. It's not like I'm sitting and word processing all day long. I need space to examine loans, too. What to do.

No comments: