Read: Obama wants immigration reform passed by this Congress
I read today that President Obama wants legislation to deal with immigration reform by the end of this year or early next year. I say one thing at a time. I say universal health care comes first. I can't afford it and I need, so something positive has got to be done. I'm a NIMBY when it comes to immigration, but if it can do something to alleviate the parking situation in my neighborhood, I'll be all for it.
Immigration reform can start by defining what an immigrant is. An immigrant is someone who is living and working in a country where they are not a citizen. They have civil rights but most of all, they pay taxes. After a predetermined period of time, you have to become a citizen or you have to be a registered alien worker. Either of these choices will come with the requirement of paying taxes. If you choose neither of these options, you will have to leave. There is no such thing as anchor babies. Only a citizens can bare citizens. One citizen and one illegal cannot bare a citizen. Two illegals cannot bare a citizen. This has got to stop. If I so happen to have a baby in a foreign country, I shouldn't have rights to stay there because of it. Babies have no ability to choose where they are born; they are babies. Adults make these decisions. And adults need to fix the illegal immigration problem.
And that's my 2 cents on the matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment