I started to write about the deaths of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson, but it just depresses me to think about all the turmoil that will ensue after the deaths of these people, so I decided not to.
Instead, I'm going to write about germs. I don't consider myself to be a germaphobe, but I do pay attention to them sometimes. Like in public restrooms. I try not to touch the doors of public restrooms, if I can help it. I will ball my hand up into a fist and open the door by pushing on it's middle instead of using the rectangle stainless steel push trim on the door. I think the door to the restroom is the #3 germiest thing you can touch. #1 is the handle on the inside of the restroom stall. #2 is the handle on the sink. But I only really freak out on the door. Some people use toilet seat covers as if their very lives depended on it. Not me. My ass is covered and the only thing it touches is the clothes I wear and the seat, so I'm not worried about that sort of thing. And I don't hover either if that's what you're thinking.
I think washing machines and dryers need to be revised for the 21st century. I don't think they should be appliances that sit in their own room for you to clean your clothes. I think they should be an integrated part of your closet. I think the closet should come with a washer and dryer installed. A built-in similar to what the kitchen has. I think you should be able to put your dirty clothes into one machine and have them wash and dried and then you can put them away immediately and not haul them through the house to do so. I think this because I don't think I've washed my clothes in over two weeks and the dirty ones are now becoming a mountain in my room. With smell comes germs and I don't like germs. I shouldn't have to live so close to all those germs. Incentive to wash my clothes more often.
They already make those types of machines and they used them in Europe. They are usually located in the kitchen so that people can use thier dining room table to fluff and fold. it's practical and I like that.
And yet, I'm not one to use hand sanitizer. I don't care how nice it smells. I don't feel that rubbing gellated alcohol onto my skin washes away the germs like warm water and soap can. I think it's a bad habit to use that kind of stuff. Like ChapStik. You use it once and you're hooked because it seems like your hands keep on getting dirty just like your lips continue to become chapped.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment