Friday, October 3, 2008

What does this mean?

I knew by about 9:00 AM that Friday was going to be one of those stinky poo kinda days. I had a snide comment said to me in Spanish by one of my charges and it pissed me off. I emailed the client and my boss to let them know I was upset about it. Then I emailed my boyfriend.

He has to deal with management issues just like I do, but is able to handle them differently because he actually *is* the boss of the worksite, while I am an oversite manager employed by a third party contractor. He said I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Later, he emailed me a photo of a vet with his head stuck up the ass end of an elephant. I looked at the photo and related to it. Me working with someone elses crap that no one else wants to or knows how to deal with.

He called me later in the day to remind me he had to go to some function for work (that he did not invite me to, but I did get invited to go to the one in San Diego in February, so that is cool.) but made it a point to tell me specifically where he'd be. What does that mean? Doe he want me to dress up and meet him there, in essence crash his party? Or is he just telling me this because he wants me to be able to pick him up later if he needs a way to escape? I don't know. I do know, however, that he's already tired from the long ass hours he's put in this week. He said he would call me when he got home from the party, but I wasn't counting on it because when we are tired, we sleep and we ain't thinking about calling or talking to anyone. Sleep, baby sleep.

No comments: