Thursday, October 16, 2008

If...

For the lack of creativity I endure each day at work, I find myself seeking out creative people when I'm not there.

I was thinking about this on the way to work this morning. I know literally a ton of musicians. If I were to choose anyone of them to make a group, this is who it would be:

Sean Burgess - Drummer
Why? He's a music teacher. He not only can play well, but he's got the musical vocabulary to express what he's played and play it again and again. Very important when you're banging on drums all day.

Kenny Howes - Rhythm Guitar, backing vocals
Why? He's a players player. He's all Rickenbacker. He got chops, experience and can stand up to the competition.

Walter Ensign - Lead Guitar
Why? Not only can he cook a mean pot of Thai-anything for dinner, he can play his ass off as lead.

Pancho Francisco - Keyboards
Why? Low key, focused team player, university graduate with a degree in music. And another teacher as well as a professional musician.

Scott Halper - Bass
Why? This man can really, really, play the bass. I mean like Etwhistle-play the bass. He's amazing.

Who would be the vocalist? A tie again between Bleu or Steve Roberts.
Why? Both possess distinctive, smooth, expressive voices and have fun on stage when they sing.

No comments: