Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh, the agony of defeat

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim lost to the Boston Red Sox last night. I'm sad, but not crushed. There were some real stupid calls and little league antics on the field during the playoffs this year.

Joke: How many Angels does it take to catch a pop fly to center field? More than three because neither of them called it and the ball dropped to the ground. During a playoff game. Ouch.

I can honestly say kudos to the fellas of the Angels that were able to take advantage of the weak third baseman of the Red Soxs team that were hitting grounders between shortstop and third. I loved that. The third base man ate more dirt trying to get to the ball than the guys who were attempting to steal bases.

I love to watch Guerrero hit. It's like poetry in motion. And I loved watching Weaver close out the game. They need more pitchers like him on that team.

Better luck next year.

No comments: