Read: Administration ponders ownership stakes in banks
I read the news today, oh boy. It said the government was thinking about taking stakes in banking institutions instead of buying bad loans out of securitizations with that $700 billion rescue package approved by the house and senate last week. I'm getting sick feeling in my stomach just writing that sentence. It's enough to get the bad debt out of the system, but you do not throw good money after bad money.
It's like going to Las Vegas and sitting at the Craps table and you still are losing but now you own a leg of the table you're sitting by. It doesn't make much sense to me at all.
If you give banks money to lend do you think they are going to lend it immediately? Or are they going to sit on it for awhile to gain some free interest courtesy of the US government and "figure out" what to do next.
Now I'm just shaking my head in sorrow for this country. Someone please give President Bush a kick in the nads or the flu, something for him to stop this insanity. Give him another bag of pretzels, please! It's not going to get better overnight. It's not going to get any better in a week. And it's not going to get better by the time you leave office, fool. It's going to be about two years in to the next president's tenure before people really stop hurting and, yes, it's sad, but you've just gotta sit and wait it out, Bush. You cannot fix your screw-ups now. Just sit tight and say goodbye in February.
Me? I'm creating a plan for myself to get out of my interest only loan and change industries if it's the last thing I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment