About a month ago, I went out to the laundry room on my side of the condo complex and washed clothes only to find that three of the four dryers did not work. This pissed me off. I went to my home, got blue painter's tape and a Sharpie and taped up the machines and marked them all as "out of order". Later hat day, I not only wrote a letter to the HOA bard about the broken dryers, but also asking to fix the crater in the driveway as well as the driveway gates which were malfunctioning yet again in the wind.
That Sunday, I went to the local Laundromat for the first time in over ten years. It's located in the triangle next to a ton of eatting places about an eighth of a mile away from my home. It's so close, if I go out into my front yard I can almost see it.
It's nice and clean and secure. It's $2.25 a load to wash in the front loading machines and a quarter for 10 minutes to dry. What was difficult to tollerate was all of the spanish language telvision blaring at me while I was waiting for my clothes to finish. I got a headache after listening to the weather girl in spanish. I had to take an Advil to stop my head from pounding before I went to bed.
So when I was out in the parking structure trying to fix my headlights, I noticed some yahoo broke down the front of each of the dryers. I can tell you now, the heating element burned out so I'm pretty sure that happens to be located at the back of the unit and no where near the insrument plannel. And then when I went back to my condo, it wasn't fixed. Hrmmm. I don't know whether to write another letter telling the HOA they are losing money not having the machines available and they still need to fix them or just say screw it like they have with any of the non-regular maintenance.
I plan on not watching lousy game five of the world series tonight with spicy hot dogs for dinner in order to wash clothes at the landromat and avoid the crowds on the weekend.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment