Wednesday, October 19th at 11AM was the designate day of the memorial.
In attendance:
Aunt Jane Metrando
Aunt Tressa Spoor
Uncle Frank Spoor
Aunt Grace Staub
Cousin Barbara McCann
Cousin Cate Schmidt
Catherine Hall
I planned it months ahead of time, but just hours before I was working on the final draft of the eulogy.
It was another rainy day in the Hudson River Valley. The company in charge of the burial said that if it was raining, they would erect a tent for us, no charge. For the money that I've had to spend on this whole damn thing, that was the least they could do. I paid for out of my pocket the headstone, the urn vault, the urn, the service and the cremation back last December in El Cajon. The remains stayed in the original package on my shelf since I brought them home, but I had to pay for the shipping on those, too. Why you ask I didn't take them with my as carry-on when I flew? Here's why. My friend at work told me about how a mutual friend of ours took the cremated remains of his dear relative with him on a plane and said TSA did an extra special screening picked through the ashes by hand. I didn't want to go through the indignity, so I shipped them with a copy of the cremation certificate.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment