Shopping list: English breakfast tea (because the hotel only serves coffee) ginger ale, 2 liter orange juice, half gallon silk soy milk, vanilla flavored half gallon lenders bagels rye bread turkey lunch meat frozen chicken strips 4 bell peppers one red onion 4 bananas 6 roma tomatos tub of Best Life spread morton salt & pepper tiny bottle of musard a dozen eggs two boxes of Oscar Meyer cooked bacon a steam bag of peas a steam bag of broccoli sugar free jello six pack kettle pop corn bag pringles original transfer cable
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Vacation day 4, October 11th
Tuesday, October 11th. This was a lazy travel day as I had two more hours to get to my destination in Fishkill, NY I checked out of the Marriott in Waterbury and on my way out of town I tried to get lost, but Travel Wench would not allow me to do so. I drove toward the bell, but I think my hearing was off because instead I found a large gothic looking church.I crossed a river and then was on my way again. I realized I did not pack my transfer cable for my camera by this time after taking pictures of and around city hall.
There was a traffic jam due to road work in Connecticut on my way into New York. I had to laugh. It was Tuesday afternoon. Is this someone's way of telling me I still have work to do? I don't know. I decided on contacting the city historian to get the details on the headstones in the park. I wasn't expecting a reply with all of the budget cuts, but I got one and she even gave me a clue as to where to look further.
After passing the large green "Welcome to New York" sign along Interstate 84W, it was smooth sailing down the road. I pulled over at the first rest stop I could find for a drink and I found this sign:
After I checked into my hotel room a rested for awhile and decided I needed provisions for my stay. I drove myself to the 24/7 Super Walmart on the other side of the highway. I ended up spending about $100. So a little over $10 a day on 2-3 meals a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment