I drove to Watertown, CT, for some unfruitful genealogy work. It, again, was raining on and off all day. I took my umbrella with me. I found the Old Watertown Cemetery and the entrance is at the back of the lot. All of the streets that surround the cemetery was painted red, so parking was difficult. There is one spot for guest parking at the apartments next door and I took that up and then went for a walk into and around the grounds.
My thinking was that if this was the oldest cemetery in Watertown and it was written that Gershom Fulford passed in Watertown, then I might be able to find his headstone so that's why I went. The list of names is not available at the cemetery anymore. I wondered about in the rain searching for the oldest stones, but to no avail.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment