Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vacation day 6, October 13th

It's Thursday, October 13th and I decided it would be remiss if I didn't do something foodie today. After all, I'm in Hudson Valley. I decided to drive to Red Hook to see how long it would take from the hotel and see if I could find the Feller grounds. The drive into Red Hook is on the 9 East (side of the Hudson River and not a toll road ) going North through Wappinger Falls, Poughkeepsie, Hyde Park, Rhinebeck, and then finally Red Hook. I located the memorial company that's been helping me with arrangements first, not that far away from the church yard where the cemetery is located. I tried to find the Fulford headstone, but the place is huge with rolling hills. The drive takes about an hour one way. Further north outside of the town, I found Kerley's Corners, but after traveling all the way to Trivoli on one end and horse ranches on the other, I gave up. I'm going to need a local historian's help on this. I went to Gigi's Market and bought some fancy chicken sausage with rosemary and sundried tomatoes. I made the entire package of 4 for dinner but only ended up eating 2. They were good. The farm's website where they came from said that the flavor I picked was it's most popular.

No comments: