To top off an already bad employment situation here in the U.S., Deutsche Post will close DHL effectively eliminating 9500 jobs. Merry f*cking Christmas.
Read: Deutsche Post to cut 9,500 jobs in US
The whole idea about existing in a free market society is to have competition and options. Since this one will be gone, you'll be stuck with FedEx or USPS. Pay thorough the nose or pay with your time. Not much if a choice now is it?
This, already on top of the grim news California is facing...
Read: California's Unemployment Rate Over 7.7% - a 14-year High
All I know is I'm happy I'm working and I don't know where I'd be now if I didn't take this contract position back in March. I know people that have been out of work for over a year now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment