Friday, November 7, 2008

Brick, brick, where's the brick?

I'm sick to death of looking at the flower bed full of weeds located in my back patio area of my condominium. It sits under my neighbor's awning, so it's questionable what will grow there and what will mock me and die a slow agonizing death.

I decided three things:

1) I need a fuller landing near the gate on the back patio. The concrete step is an inadequate size.

2) I need brick to fix #1 and possibly create some sort of cover over the said flower bed after I install a week control blanket over it.

3) I'm thinking them maybe installing a fountain and a few potted plants to make it look nicer.

And so I'm on a quest to find free bricks on Craigslist this weekend. Why pay for something like that when people give them away? I happened to mention this project to a guy at work and he told me he had bricks he wasn't using, so he brought those in today and they are now sitting in the back of my car waiting to come home with me. I'm just excited that at least my landing will be better than it has been for years.

No comments: