Friday, November 7, 2008

Nice, but...

So I went to dinner over my boyfriends house last night - first time in three weeks mind you because his work schedule got so damn crazy with the bad weather and anything else that could go wrong. It's just one of those projects... So... After I gave him an earful of the stupid stuff I've have to endure to keep a job in the field I've worked in for the past 15 years... this is what he told me.

I was having to lay off people and you know it's not something anyone likes to do. So I'm handing these guys their final pay checks and one of those wooden boxes over there on the table. I walk over to the dining room table which is steps from the stool I'm sitting at the bar, and I open it.

It's a box stamped with the company name and inside is a nice carving set with knife and fork. And these are the things he's having to handing out to people he's laying off? I said, "What kind of sick fucks do you work for over there? They are making you had out knives to guys who just lost there job? You might want to tell these guys you're laying off to kindly open the box AFTER they get home."

No comments: