I think my Maytag refrigerator is less than two years old and just this month, I had to place a call to get it fixed. The 'brain' went out... the electronics panel that controls the temperature in the refrigerator section. The freezer? Fine, no problem! I went and bought two thermometers at BB&B to verify their internal temperatures. The freezer was hovering at a frosty zero - where it should be. But the refrigerator while it was busted? A steady 60 degrees. Mind you, refrigerated food is supposed to stay at 40 degrees or below. Oh, yeah. It's true - 40 degrees or below. That's why people tell you not to eat the food at has been sitting in the sun at a picnic. You can get a hellish case of food poisoning if you do.
But anyway, I called my local Maytag repair man on Saturday morning. Little did I know that I had to be f*cking clairvoyant in order to get same day service from ANY appliance repairman in my area. They were already booked up since Friday for Saturday appointments. And they don't work on Sundays, so I was relegated to the next business days available appointment which was on Monday.
And I had to throw everything away in my refrigerator. I was mad because I don't like to waste food like that. After the repairman came on Monday and diagnosed the issue, he needed a deposit to come back with the part and fix the beast. I was fine with that. What I was not fine with was that he couldn't locate and install the part until Wednesday. Now I'm pissed because I haven't had my refrigerator available to me in a working condition for over a week.
And all the week the refrigerator was on the fritz, my son and I both ate out. And my expenses shot up because I could not cook at home. I resorted to eating at my boyfriends for two nights - that was nice. I even planned and cooked one meal - breaded fried talapia with mango salsa and steamed brussel sprouts.
But anyway, I digress. I don't know how many hundreds of years I had that stupid harvest yellow GE refrigerater eating up my money in electric bills before I finally bit the bullet and bought a new appliance. And now this happens. At least the part is warantied for a year. Damn thing better not die again, I swear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment