Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's winter and the Grapevine is closed!

We, the people of California, don't do well when roads get wet and then freeze. We don't believe in sanding the roads. We don't even believe in salting the roads. It seems we don't believe in doing anything except let nature run its course and wait for the ice to melt.

So today, Thursday, January 24, 2008, the major route that connects from north to south ,Interstate 5 , was closed. The CHP is busy putting up the road blocks and taking people off of the freeway.

I believe the snow line on the San Bernardino Mountains is at about 4500 feet and the lower is goes, the colder the valley remains. The weather report looks like something out of Seattle rather than sunny Southern California should have. The forecast is for cold and on and off rain for the next 10 days.

I was lucky enough to get some blue sky over my head long enough to get all of my laundry done today and the towels washed, too. And then the cold wind kicked up again and the gray storms clouds rolled back over my fair city and I retreated back into my condo to put away all of the tiems that I washed.

Better yet, I worked on my condo today! I had bought tan rubber moulding to install into both of my bathrooms awhile ago and I got sick of looking at the ugly wall, so I thought that actually installing the moulding would help cover it up. It was a little tricky, but not so hard and I have four lengths done and then I needed to take a break. So I'm writing this blog on my break. I believe I have three more lenghts to install and then I can maybe work on the walls yet another time and paint! Woohoo! It would be nice to have a nice, normal bathroom for the first time since I lived here and not tore up one.

No comments: