Monday, January 7, 2008

The Invasion of the Starbucks

Dear Starbucks,

I live in a town located in the heart of Orange County, California. I believe my hometown has close to 100,000 residents, and even though I don't live in the most desirable place around, your company has chosen to invade it like a plague. I have no less than 8 of your shops within the confines of my fair city, many even within walking distance of eachother. The worst offense is the two shops that flank each end of the block on the street of our local high school. "Hook 'um young and they'll be a customer for life!", is the words I can hear echoing all the way from your offices in Washington state from inside your boardroom right before the evil laughter begins again and you throw the fees collected from all of the carmello mocha lates in the air.

Specimens:


1. Red Hill x Edinger "new"

2. Red Hill x El Camino Real "east side of high school"

3. El Camino Real x Newport "west side of high school" "newner"

4. Newport Ave "old Ditrick's site"

5. Newport Ave "original site at Larwin Sq. on 1st St."

6. Barnes & Noble "Irvine Marketplace"

7. Park Ave "Inside Target @ Tustin Legacy"

8. 17th St. "French Quarter"


In conclusion:

disposable income = your extra $ Starbucks wants

snack money = your extra $ Starbucks wants

breakfast beverage = your extra $ Starbucks wants

coffee break = your extra $ Starbucks wants



No comments: