I saw this in my head while reading the newspaper's food section this morning, so I thought I'd make it for breakfast. What's this "it" you ask? It was a fried egg, two thin slices of tomato on a one piece of buttered honeywheat bread. I cooked it in one pad or Nucoa and seasoned the egg with Morton's Nature's seasoning. It gives food more flavor than just salt or pepper would. I could of added a piece of Danola ham, but I was out. I was out of tomato, too, for that matter, so after I dropped my son off at school, I took a drive over to Sprouts in Irvine and gathered some fresh ingredients for breakfast and dinner. I wish I lived in a more temperate climate so that the fruit and vegetable prices would not fluctuate so much because of the cold winter months. I bought lemons for .50 cents each. Why am I not growing a lemon tree on my patio?
So the recipe I'm going to try out is one for some sort of lemon bars I clipped out of the newspaper this morning. I have to make it with Nucoa because I can't have milk so it's questionable whether it will turn out O.K. or not. Sometimes it does, and sometimes I have to tweak it a little for my non-dairy life. It seems you're destined to live a bakery-deprived life when you cannot tolerate milk and that just somehow seems wrong to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment