Sunday, November 11, 2007

The job search is on

This is my first weekend knowing that on Monday morning, I have no job to go to. I was laid off on Tuesday from one of those subprime mortgage companies you've heard all the bad news about. Well, now that bad news has spread itself on my piece of bread and I'm not happy about it. Who would be happy about loosing their job anyway unless you absolutely freakin hated it.

The OC Register has few prospects for me. I don't like the fact that when I read an ad that is even mildly appealing to me, and my skill set semi matches the set they are looking for, the wage is grossly lower than mine was. ACK. You could say I was a sort of a person that wore a lot of diffferent hats - MERS Administrator/Specialist/Data Analyst and working with the Servicing's correspondence as well as in the end began to learn the customer complaints deskas part of Compliance, too, and performed the per diem interest refunds for new loans. I was somewhere between an operations unit secretary and a paralegal. So when I read an posting for paralegal, I'm under qualified but if I read a posting for a administrative assistant, I'm over qualified. It's frustrating to say the least. If there was a chance that a job in the financial servicing industry was available again, I'm quite squeamish about taking it note the experience with this company. I know I shouldn't be, but the industry won't bounce back from the credit woes for about two years - my prediction. All of the adjustable rate loans need to reset or cycle out and resolve, either by refi/payoff or FCL/REO.

So online, I've been hitting the EDD quite hard to glean information about employment opportunities through that website. I'd like to know if because of the industry I was laid off from, if there is any opportunity to get retained for one that at least I can get a comparable pay in. The site listed training classes from June? But I don't remember seeing one, again, with the same pay rate I was getting, so why would I even want to consider retraining if the prospects are low wage jobs?

So I'm continuing my search...

No comments: