The feeling of impending doom in the pit of my stomach finally occurred, as expected. Yesterday, I was laid off from my job. I worked for this company for approximately 4 years and 184 days, give or take holidays, sick days, and rare personal day. It also was the same length of time I have been in the mortgage industry. Not many left can say they worked there longer than I did. As my friend would say, I wore many hats. I was the collateral control manager at one time, the vault manager, a supervisor. I handled trailing documents, collateral files, credit files, imaging, shipping, document exceptions, notary, MERS, assignments, and in the end, customer complaints, per diem interest refunds, and correspondence processing for the Legal Dept. and Servicing. I set-up processes and defined systems, programs, and wrote procedures. I learned about things I would not have thought I would of ever needed to know, like FIPS, geocoding, census tracts, crystal reports, and more SQL queries than you can shake a stick at because for the most part, I was my own report writer, too.
Prior to this, the company and it's investor were my clients. I networked to get into this job and now it's basically gone because the funding faucet was turned off yesterday. No fundings means no job for me.
So now what? Well, I have a few things I want to get done this week around the house. I'm working on my budget, I have to make a doctors appointment while I have my medical insurance and I'm networking again to see if my friends can get me a job, too. I will temp again, if I have to, but all in all I'm in better shape than most financially. I am hopeful because right now, the doom is gone and hope and looking forward is all I've got.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment