Monday, October 29, 2007

My week in hell

I don't know if you've ever experience a hacker intruding your home network before, but I have. They did it on a late Sunday or early Monday morning and then grabed the passwords for the two accounts I was logged into... ebay and gmail. Nice, huh? I was in the process of posting items for sale and this happens. So it took me 8 days to regain control of my computer network and my two accounts, but everything seems to be O.K. for me. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the two people that may have been defrauded on ebay in my name for computer equipment I did not order. I'm going to reccomend that they contact the FBI and the US Department of Justice since the hacker is located in Italy. How do I know this? ebay sends emails with IP tracing each time account info is changed.

No comments: